A physiotherapist will assess, diagnose, treat and works to prevent disease and disability though physical means. They look at the function and movement of their clients to assist in overcoming disorders which are acquired over time, at birth or result from injury.
Holistic treatment plans are develop to integrate a number of interventions offering you long term results. They take into account your life styles, activities and general health, they can include exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles, mobilisation techniques to reduce pain and stiffness, muscle re-education, soft tissue mobilisation (massage).
You can see a physiotherapist about your work injuries, sports injuries, headaches, neck, back, and other joint pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, lymph-oedema management, paediatric (children) musculoskeletal concerns.
Benefits of seeing a Physiotherapist:
- They are trained to assess your condition.
- Diagnose the problems and construct a health program.
- Help you understand what’s wrong.
Common treatment methods:
- Exercise programs to improve mobility and strengthen muscles.
- Joint manipulation and mobilisation to reduce pain and stiffness.
- Muscle re-education to improve control.
- Soft tissues mobilisation/massage.
- Assistance with the use of aids, splints, crutches, walking sticks and wheelchairs.
NRG-Health physiotherapists are highly qualified, experience and registered with the APA, giving you piece of mind that your health is in the best hands.