What is fitness and what does it mean to be “physically fit”?
NRG-Health believes that physical fitness is defined as “a set of attributes that people have or achieve that relates to the ability to perform physical activities”. We see that fitness is made up of seven main components:
- Mental determination
- Cardio respiratory endurance
- Muscular strength/power
- Muscular endurance
- Body composition
We highly recommend that you consult with your General Practitioner (GP) before setting about your fitness program. With the information from your GP we can assess your posture and any injuries, so that your health condition will not suffer under any neglect. All records are kept confidential.
Benefits of Physical Fitness:
- Regular physical fitness helps improves heart, lung and muscle condition.
- Prevent osteoporosis (degeneration of bone tissues).
- Improves cognitive function among older adults which reduces the risk of falls.
- Relieves symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Improves mood and sleep patterns.
- Prevents weight gain and promotes weight loss (when combined with a nutritional plan).
All NRG-Health trainers are experienced and qualified in many fields of fitness and each session is carefully designed to ensure safety is at the forefront of every training session and that your own fitness goals are reached.
Fitness sessions we offer:
- Functional Exercises for Prehabilitation and Rehabilitation.
- Power Training.
- Core Stability.
- Cardiovascular Training for Short or Long Distances.
- Yoga Stretching.